The Importance of Preventive Care
At Spira Care Centers, you have access to an entire Care Team and a variety of advanced primary care services—all at low to no additional cost to you.*
Vital to Your Health and Wallet
Receiving primary care and having a relationship with a PCP is not only vital to your health, but to your pocketbook as well.
Consider These Facts1:
Access to a regular primary care physician has been linked to lower overall health care costs and longer, healthier lives.
Family physicians are qualified to treat most ailments and provide comprehensive health care for people of all ages—from newborns to seniors.
Family physicians are responsible for:
- Serving as a patient’s first contact for health concerns
- Providing preventive care, including routing checkups, health risk assessments, immunizations and screening tests
- Diagnosing and treating illness
- Managing chronic medical conditions, including asthma, diabetes, and heart disease
- Understanding social and community barriers that impact a patient’s overall health and wellbeing
Counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
Call 913-29-SPIRA (77472) to schedule an appointment for a preventive visit or another care need.
* Blue KC members enrolled in a plan (with a Health Savings Account or HSA eligible) with exclusive access to Spira Care Centers will incur an affordable charge for an office visit at a Spira Care Center. Once a member has met their deductible, any future primary care needs at a Spira Care Center are at no additional cost. Preventive visits at Spira Care are covered at 100 percent. Blue KC members enrolled in plans (without an HSA) with exclusive access to Spira Care Centers, incur no additional costs for any procedure provided at Spira Care Centers. A select number of generic prescriptions can be filled on-site at your copay or deductible level.