Tips for a Heart Healthy Diet
Eating a heart-healthy diet is one of the most important things you can do to prevent heart disease.
To have a heart-healthy diet1 :
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and other high-fiber foods.
- Choose foods that are low in saturated fat and trans fat.
- Limit salt.
- Maintain a healthy weight by balancing the calories you eat with your physical activity.
- Eat at least two servings of fish each week.
- Limit drinks and foods with added sugar.
Did you know you have access to Health Coaches at Spira Care who will partner with you to make self-directed, personalized plans for things like overall health and wellbeing, weight management, physical activity/exercise goals and healthy eating? If you believe you would benefit from working with a Health Coach, reach out to Spira Care at 913-29-SPIRA (77472) or through your patient portal.